In this episode we get to speak with Jason Cutter, he is a founder and CEO of CCG, grew up in Fremont, California. He has a bachelor’s degree in marine biology (with a lot of time spent with sharks) from UC Santa Cruz, an MBA from Southern New Hampshire University, and a wide variety of experiences in business, from technical support at Microsoft to deploying overseas as a civilian contractor. Jason’s analytical mind is always looking for ways to solve problems or make situations better. He is all about taking action, not just talking about theoretical plans. Those who have worked with him describe him as passionate, intense, and driven. His philosophy can best be summed up in this quote from Zig Ziglar, “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” Let’s find out how he got through all these great experiences!
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/jascut
- Twitter: JSMBdesigns
- Websites : cutterconsultinggroup.com (Company Website), jasoncutter.com/ (Company Website)
Hacks to take Away
- Everything I do is focused on sales and persuasion and helping people be successful. So that’s the punch line.
- You don’t put in the time and the investment and then that’s what you get right, almost a self-fulfilling prophecy and this endless loop. Which is fascinating because that’s my first sales job in the mortgage business.
- I have enough experience with persuading and selling but when somebody puts that label of sales, then they feel confined to this weird way that it has to be done.
- Focus on sales on helping the other person by solving some problems or helping them achieve the goal of helping them buy something they want.
- Maybe it’s not solving their pain but you know how you can do that and then just using persuasion to move them forward towards what they want right if you have the solution for it.
- When you find that qualified prospect who is a good fit with what you have to sell and what they need. And you have to overcome challenges and objections.
- I think one of the things that has made me really successful and helps me from a sales and then also from a coaching perspective is I was not raised by salespeople. I was in fact raised by anti salespeople.
Junaid Ahmed has been a user experience designer for over 15 years. As a UX professional, he uses the user-centered design philosophy to come up with solutions. Trust the system, it works!
“People say that we only live once, but I believe in living every day!”
Junaid has been interviewing people from all walks of life on his podcast Hacks and Hobbies.