In this episode we get to speak with Russell Nohelty, He is a USA Today bestselling author, publisher, and consultant. He runs the small press publisher Wannabe Press and The Complete Creative, which helps creatives build better businesses. He runs successful Kickstarter campaigns for Ichabod Jones: Monster Hunter, Katrina Hates the Dead, My Father Didn’t Kill Himself, Spaceship Broken: Needs Repairs, and I Can’t Stop Tooting: A Love Story, Monsters and Other Scary Shit, Cthulhu is Hard to Spell, Thee Godsverse Chronicles, and Pixie Dust raising over $135,000 on the platform to date, including three campaigns that raised over $25,000 each, and one that raised $39,000. He’s also written several graphic novels, novels, and children’s books which all can be found on his site, www.russell nohelty.com. Let’s enjoy and listen to his amazing journey!
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/noheltyr
- russell-nohelty.com (Personal Website)
- thecompletecreative.com (Company Website)
- wannabepress.com (Company Website)
- Facebook: https: //www.facebook.com/russell.nohelty.7
Hacks to take Away
- Comics led him to novels and novels led me to more novels. Ended up learning a lot.
- There’s just so much more you have to do in good fiction writing, and he finds it to be nearly impossible.
- Many people are experts or there are many masters, but there’s no one who’s ever done it perfectly.
- We’re all dealing with the exact same demons telling us all of the empty pages and like how to write faster and how to come up with an idea. And I will just say, that was self.
- It’s easier to research now, but most of my work comes from, like mythology and magic.
- My tip is if you could do something else, go do it because books are everything that someone would do.
- If you’re writing a business plan, this would not be like a product that they would say that would be wise to invest in or give capital to. So we only do it because you love to do it.