In this episode, we get to speak with James Mulvaney. He’s the founder of radio.co, podcast.co, and matchmaker.fm. His team is doing interesting things in online media broadcasting and content spaces. One of these it’s a complete radio station management tool is t made a complete solution for broadcasters including playout, streaming, and analytics all in one easy to use cloud-based package. Notable clients include music brands, like Primavera festival, Vice magazine, cafe, Del Mar and Cafe Mambo in Ibiza, numerous educational institutions, and not for profits, including one ocean and UNICEF. Let’s get into some technical stuff with James.
- LinkedIn : linkedin.com/in/jamesmulvany
- Website : jamesm.com (Blog)
- Twitter : jmulvany
Hacks to Take Away
- What are the different reasons why people go on podcasting.
- There’s no harm in doing some interesting conversations and meeting some new people and providing some kind of entertainment or education for your audience.
- I was doing sales in designing the website. But I was probably kind of a bit of a jack of all trades and Master of None.
- I think podcasts are almost like an evolution of radio in a sense. But the difference really, between radio and podcast, is a podcast is something that you download, you can listen to it from the beginning to the end, and for radio you tune in if you listen to what’s happening right now.
- I think the fact that these kinds of communication tools, zoom and your radio, podcasting, and video chat, and all these live streaming functionalities are available on a wide range of platforms just make the whole thing really accessible to everyone.
- Being a guest on someone else’s podcast is a great way to go if you’re not really ready to take the plunge and start your own podcast.
- I always had an interest in the behind the scenes stuff, figuring out how things work. So I guess it’s kind of in a sense, and that’s really what I’ve ended up doing.
Junaid Ahmed has been a user experience designer for over 15 years. As a UX professional, he uses the user-centered design philosophy to come up with solutions. Trust the system, it works!
“People say that we only live once, but I believe in living every day!”
Junaid has been interviewing people from all walks of life on his podcast Hacks and Hobbies.