Today, we get to speak with Roman Roberts. He is a former foster child who grew up in various homes throughout Texas. At 18, Roman joined the Army, where he became an interrogator, deploying multiple times, and had the honor of supporting special operations groups from around the world. Roman transitioned from the military after an exciting and honorable career but had traumas from foster care and the military that he had not fully addressed. These traumas led to various issues that almost cost Roman his marriage and his life. Realizing this what not what he wanted to become, Roman began the process of discovering his identity and through journaling, religion, and having honest communication with himself and those around him. Roman now helps businesses be elite in their interactions inside and outside of their companies by assisting in communication, business strategy, process management, and more. Let’s listen in to this conversation as we discover more about Roman.While he was no longer an interrogator or working with special operations, the skills he learned and the struggles he overcame allowed him the unique ability to help businesses to become the elite organization they can to be. Roman hosts the Podcast Real Talk with Roman, where he has ten-minute interviews with people from all walks of life. From interviewing athletes, veterans, doctors, celebrities, and others who have overcome or are doing amazing things in their communities. He uses these conversations as an opportunity to provide real advice and actionable tips for everyone to excel in life. When not working on his podcast or with businesses, Roman and his wife and son can often be found outdoors enjoying nature, grilling new meals, or traveling to new places. He and his family live by the mantras of “Do Great Things” and “Your Hustle has to be Bigger than Your Struggle.
- LinkedIn :linkedin.com/in/roman-m-roberts
Hacks to Take Away
- Roman shared about how he found himself and his identities and helping people.
- A lot of the time he gets driven towards communication, or to talk about foster care.
- All those different home and happiness quotes that we hear, they exist because people were living in homes that were existing inside of happiness.
- Relationships are important, whether it’s with your spouse, or with your friends, or whoever it is, and it ties into.
- Meeting all these amazing people doing amazing things and jumping into things that never jumped into before.
- I definitely jump into some of the things that are completely outside of my wheelhouse.
- You’re constantly having to think through future state actions.
Junaid Ahmed has been a user experience designer for over 15 years. As a UX professional, he uses the user-centered design philosophy to come up with solutions. Trust the system, it works!
“People say that we only live once, but I believe in living every day!”
Junaid has been interviewing people from all walks of life on his podcast Hacks and Hobbies.