Today I get to speak with my good friend, Diana Nguyen. She is an actor, comedian, and a writer. She has worked in the industry for 15 years and has appeared on TV, film, and stage.In 2020, Diana spoke at her first TedTalk titled “Joy is my Caffeine – JoyFool.”It was a defining moment of years performing standup and theatre coming to one place to tell a story in 13 minutes about what Joy meant to her and how it saved her life.Diana is a LinkedIn Video Content Creator behind #DancingDiana and #JustDoingKaraoke with over 66k followers and hosts a Linkedin Live Interview show called The SnortCast interviewing funny people around the world including Jo Stanley, Kevin Kropinyeri, Peter Helliar, Nina Oyama, Bev Killick, and more.Let’s listen in!She wrote “5 ways to disappoint your Vietnamese mother” in Alice Pung’s book in 2008 Growing up Asian in Australia which opened the Pandora box for writing. In 2011 Diana and co-creator Fiona Chau wrote Phi and Me. A sold-out sensational hit with 4.5 stars in the Herald Sun, and touring around Australia, LA, and Edinburgh it was time to make the stage show into a web series. With crowdfunding and funding from Screen Australia, the first-ever Vietnamese Australian family comedy series was released in June 2019.
- LinkedIn : linkedin.com/in/realdiananguyen
- Website : diananguyen.com.au/bebrave (Personal Website)
- Twitter : diananguyen_au
Hacks to Take Away
- LinkedIn is the only platform where she have a massive following a lot of professional dancer.
- Human beings have a number because we are essentially not numbers we have in motion and where we have thoughts and we have beliefs and we have drives.
- Diana shared about realizing that moving her body was a way to defeat depression.
- Moving our body and having a bit of sweat was what was a key for fitness and mind fitness.
- Being able to really use LinkedIn, the corporate business platform to her artwork.
- LinkedIn algorithms are changing, new people are coming on. So there’s always a new way for people that you need to meet on LinkedIn, new content creators who want to be a thought leader etc.
Junaid Ahmed has been a user experience designer for over 15 years. As a UX professional, he uses the user-centered design philosophy to come up with solutions. Trust the system, it works!
“People say that we only live once, but I believe in living every day!”
Junaid has been interviewing people from all walks of life on his podcast Hacks and Hobbies.