In this episode with Tommy, a guest with a truly unconventional career journey. From starting in restaurants and pursuing a career in stand-up comedy to ultimately becoming an entrepreneur, Tommy shares his story and the valuable lessons he learned along the way.
Discover the impact of military school on his confidence and problem-solving skills, how stand-up comedy helped him in the professional world, and the pivotal moments that led him to start his own successful business. Tune in for an inspiring and insightful conversation that will leave you motivated to forge your own unique path.
Hacks to take Away
- Utilize voice assistants like Siri or Google Voice to record your thoughts and tasks instantly. This helps you capture ideas before they disappear and stay organized in the digital ecosystem.
- Explore services like Blinkist or summaries (stummies) to get the gist of business books efficiently. Often, the core concepts can be condensed into a shorter format, saving time without compromising understanding. If necessary, you can delve into the full book later.
- Recognize that tasks and projects generally take longer than expected. Avoid letting your brain trick you into underestimating the time required. If you’ve done something before, adjust your estimate accordingly. For new tasks, triple your estimate, and if it involves technology, multiply by five.
- Tommy emphasizes the importance of recording thoughts and ideas immediately, whether it’s for business or joke writing. He used to jot down jokes on cocktail napkins, recognizing the value of capturing ideas promptly.
- Tommy shares his passion for sailing and obtaining a cruise certification. He mentions his excitement about chartering boats in the Caribbean, highlighting the pursuit of this hobby.
Let’s get started with your Home Studio! Be ready for live streaming, zoom calls, and creating content. Let me help you build a space that helps you gain confidence in front of the lens. Book a call here for a free consultation: http://hacksandhobbies.com/booking
Junaid Ahmed has been a user experience designer for over 15 years. As a UX professional, he uses the user-centered design philosophy to come up with solutions. Trust the system, it works!
“People say that we only live once, but I believe in living every day!”
Junaid has been interviewing people from all walks of life on his podcast Hacks and Hobbies.